The goal of the contest is to teach students to identify what is recyclable – by crafting gorgeous ornaments out of recyclable materials.
- The ornament must be made of recyclable materials. Glue, paint, glitter, wire, etc. can be used, but the main emphasis of the contest is to see what can be created with recyclable items—ideally, we could place most of your Christmas ornament in the recycling bin!
- Ornaments should be no more than 6”x 6”x6” in size.
- Ornaments should be lightweight enough to be hung on a tree.
- The ornament must have a hanger or hook.
- The materials cannot pose a safety hazard to the creator or those enjoying the ornament! Avoid the use of sharp, toxic or easily breakable materials.
- Perishable items can’t be used.
- A 3 x 5 card should be SECURELY attached to each ornament listing the following:
- School name & teacher name
- Student’s name and grade
Turn in entries at the Miami County Sanitary Engineering Office, located at 2200 N. County Rd. 25-A, Troy.
Entries are due by Friday, December 14.
Ornaments will be returned to the teacher who submitted them prior to December 21.
Entries will be judged by grade group: K-2, 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12. Prizes will be awarded for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners in each grade group!
Posted in the Other
category on Nov 30, 2018
By: Miami County Recycles