Our educators do the important work of teaching our students about conservancy, and the Miami County Solid Waste District is proud to assist teachers and administrators with environmental education programming.
Our solid waste district awards ten one-time grants of up to $500 each year. These grants can be used for any program or classroom activity that supports waste reduction education in Miami County schools.
Fundable activities include, but are not limited to:
- Classroom activities that teach students about recycling, waste reduction, litter
prevention, pollution, landfills or other solid waste topics
- Classroom materials to teach resource-related earth science topics
- Recycling-related field trips or guest speakers
- Containers for a school recycling program
- Recycled-content art materials and supplies
- Supplies for a school waste-reduction program
- Materials to create a composting area at your school
- Developing activities that teach about recycling, waste reduction, litter prevention, pollution, landfills or other solid waste topics
You can find the application (and other resources for teachers) here, on our education page. Grant applications are due on October 31.
Posted on Sep 07, 2017
By: Miami County Recycles